Friday, November 21, 2008

This does not have much to do with media...per se...

But, I do want to put out a weather update for anybody reading from the Cleveland/Akron/Canton areas(or for anybody from the Cincy/Dayton areas headed that direction).

A Lake Effect Snow WARNING remains in effect for Cleveland and Akron.

Generally, 6-10 inches of snow is forecast for those cities with 1-3" forecast for Canton. However...if you're going to Chardon, Ohio, that area could be especially hard-hit with 1 to 2 FEET of snowfall tonight through tomorrow in the highest elevations!

Take the emergency kit if you MUST travel...if you do not have to though, stay at home! Do not take chances...

In lake effect snow, visibility can go from 5 miles to near zero in a matter of miles or even minutes. If you must travel...please use extreme caution and carry the emergency kit, to include battery powered flashlights, a NOAA weather radio (battery powered), non-perishable food, a cell phone, and blankets.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

I am giving myself plenty of extra time this morning as I venture off to work. I work on the east side of Cleveland and my travel will take me through the secondary snow belt.