Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back from Hiatus...

Your Tri-State Media Watcher is back from the hiatus, after a doctor's appointment. We'll get to that point in just a few minutes. First, the media news...

FOX19 Layoff Update: We still aren't hearing anything about Fox19 having any layoffs stemming from company-wide cutbacks at Raycom, which owns that station and many others nationwide, including WOIO-TV CBS 19 and WUAB-TV MyNetworkTV 43 in Cleveland, where an update to OMW's earlier post (in the item immediately before this) reveals as many as 13 cuts were made. The layoffs may amount to 10 percent of Raycom's workforce nationally...

Nuxhall Denied Again: Thanks to Jonathan Goolsby for this...

Joe Nuxhall, former Reds pitcher and announcer who died in 2007 of complications from lymphoma, has been passed over yet again for the Ford C. Frick Award, which would have guaranteed Nux entry into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

The winner of the award is Tony Kubek, who was a Yankees shortstop and announcer for NBC Game Of The Week broadcasts. He'll be inducted July 26.

TSMW Health Update: Finally, the promised update on yours truly.

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, during which doctors discussed my symptoms and ran a couple simple exams. It is now thought that anxiety attacks, and not only stress, triggered my syncopal episodes. I will be followed for the next week and if they persist, other tests will be run.

This does not mean I am out of the woods, it simply means that I should get better if it is only anxiety issues.

Special thanks go out to Ohio Media Watch, 74WIXYgrad, and all my other readers for the prayers and thoughts that have been sent my way in the last couple of days. They are greatly appreciated from here at TSMW HQ.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'll keep you my prayersand I can truly relate to anxiety issues as well as stress I suffer from them too. Hope you feel better.